Dino in His Draft Cart in test in San Francisco

Dino in His Draft Cart in test in San Francisco

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

First Obedience Class

Dino's first class for basic obedience.

We had our first class, but only I went to it. Dino stayed home because this was all instructions of what kind of training it will be. The class is run by Vicki Ronchette, who owns Braveheart Dog Training. The class is at the San Lorenzo Park in one of the buildings. The training is all clicker and treats, which Dino already knows. On this past Monday I took him out onto the sidewalk on Walpert and we worked walking on a loose leash and learning the heel position. I will be doing things differently with Dino that I did with Scout because Dino is younger and I will be teaching him the obedience exercises. I will do both UKC and Mixed Breed and ASCA obedience. Was a lot looser with Scout because I knew would only be doing Rally.

We got a sheet of a bunch of homework exercises to do with treats and the clicker.

No comments: