Dino in His Draft Cart in test in San Francisco

Dino in His Draft Cart in test in San Francisco

Saturday, June 14, 2008

MAR Dog Training Begins

The posts from this point on are about Dino's MAR dog training that are not covered in his MAR dog training posts because of the dates. I am not able to add dates prior to the existing dates, so I was not able to go back to add these in.

So in June 2008 in San Jose I took Dino to a seminar put on by Missing Pet Partnership (www.missingpetpartnership.org). They train the handler to search for missing pets with the help of a search dog. They also teach you about lost pet behavior and what to look for in a lost pet. It was fascinating, and I brought Dino with me and they tested him on the basics on how he likes cats and other dogs. They wanted to know if he would be good to look for cats and dogs both or just cats or just dogs. They definitely thought he would be a great dual-purpose dog because of his all around personality with both dogs and cats. The seminar was six days. I drove back and forth from Hayward. It was wonderful. I had a great time, and I couldn't wait to start Dino on his training. I would be working with Donna, the person who taught the seminar. She has two dogs she uses for her searches and her full time business of looking for lost pets.

No comments: