Dino in His Draft Cart in test in San Francisco

Dino in His Draft Cart in test in San Francisco

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Dino Participates in Herding Training!

December 16, 2007
Santa Rosa, CA

I think I should work Dino before going into the pen because he is so pumped up and not paying attention. I can walk him around the yard doing some heeling and downs and sits. I wasn't sure if this would diminish his drive but I think it would put some focus on him.

Joyce said it didn't look like he was really herding, just chasing the sheep and he kept fading in attention. We had to keep pulling him back. She suggested that he may need some maturity and focus before he would be ready for any competition. She suggested coming about once a month to see how his maturity is coming.

There is a trial at her place June 2 and 3. She suggested doing a Herding Instinct test with Dino. I would definitely be interested.

No comments: